Luss is a lovely little conservation village on the west coast of Loch Lomond, within the Trossachs National Park. It was used for exterior filming of the Scottish day time soap ‘Take the High Road’ during the 80s and 90s.
Unfortunately the church wasn’t open on the day we visited but the churchyard was interesting, and pleasant to walk round. This memorial is dedicated to a baronet and several others who all drowned in Loch Lomond.
The Viking hogback stone above dates from around 1260, when the Vikings laid siege to the area as they worked their way across the country. It’s typical of an Anglo Scandinavian grave marker.
The beach offers lovely loch views.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to share...just click a button...or two ;o)