Rosie Amber’s Friday Five Challenge, involves taking only five minutes to choose a book cover which appeals instantly. So take a few minutes, pour yourself a coffee…..and have a browse.
In today’s online shopping age, readers often base their buying decisions from small postage stamp size book covers (Thumb-nails), a quick glance at the book description and the review. How much time do they really spend making that buying decision?
AUTHORS – You often only have seconds to get a reader to buy your book, is your book cover and book bio up to it?
My Friday Five Challenge is this….. IN ONLY FIVE MINUTES….
1) Go to any online book supplier,
2) Randomly choose a category,
3) Speed through the book covers, choose one which has instantly appealed to your eye,
4) Read the book Bio/ Description for this book, and any other details.
5) If there are reviews, check out a couple,
6) Make an instant decision, would you BUY or PASS?
I decided to explore Kindle Exclusives for this week’s challenge. Just as I was about to give up and choose another category I spotted this. A Means of Escape by Joanna Price. Continue reading
Glastonbury Abbey, the place where, if legend is to be believed, King Arthur is buried.
The other well-known legend is that of Joseph of Arimathea coming to the Abbey bearing the Holy Grail.
The Glastonbury Thorn said to have taken root from Joseph’s staff.
The ruins.. Continue reading