Rosie Amber’s Friday Five Challenge, involves taking only five minutes to choose a book cover which appeals instantly. So take a few minutes, grab yourself a coffee…..and have a browse.
In today’s online shopping age, readers often base their buying decisions from small postage stamp size book covers (Thumb-nails), a quick glance at the book description and the review. How much time do they really spend making that buying decision?
AUTHORS – You often only have seconds to get a reader to buy your book, is your book cover and book bio up to it?
My Friday Five Challenge is this….. IN ONLY FIVE MINUTES….
1) Go to any online book supplier,
2) Randomly choose a category,
3) Speed through the book covers, choose one which has instantly appealed to your eye,
4) Read the book Bio/ Description for this book, and any other details.
5) If there are reviews, check out a couple,
6) Make an instant decision, would you BUY or PASS?
Inspiration failed me this week, too much other stuff going on in my head….like wanting to
kill have serious words with the mortgage company people who seem to be doing everything they can to make the house moving process more difficult and stressful than it need be. Anyway, that’s another story. I clicked on my go to category – Crime/Thrillers/Mystery and went for the Hardboiled sub category. I like this cover and the title caught my attention. Continue reading