We had a mini heat wave at the beginning of the week – all two days of it! Grabbing the opportunity while it was offered we went on a hike round Capel Curig, in the heart of Snowdonia. The lake and mountain views are impressive and beautiful.
The theme for this week’s photo challenge from Hugh is ‘behind.’
The lake behind the trees…
This photo was taken during a drive round Snowdonia. I’m not sure what body of water it is, we were driving round aimlessly, stopping now and again to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Want to join the fun? Here’s what you need to do.
1. Take or choose a photo that you’ve taken that shows an object, person or something that is behind something else.
2. Create a new post on your blog entitled “Hugh’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Week 16 – “Behind”
3. Add the photo(s) you have taken to the post and tell us a little about what you are showing.
4. Create a pingback to this post or leave a link to your post in the comments section below so that other participants can view your post.
- Author: Jan Ruth
- January 2016 by Celtic Connections
- Category: Contemporary Fiction, Drama
A golden promise for the future in a lonely palomino mare, but life deals a cruel hand for James and Laura.
James is still running from the past after the loss of his wife, and a devastating accident forces him to face his final demons, but at what cost? Laura is forced deeper into his rural world – a life she once despised – but discovers empathy and hope in the palomino mare she calls Song.
Repercussions abound for Maggie too, when the full extent of her daughter’s dangerous liaison comes to light, leaving the entire family in turmoil. Will James and Laura ever find a golden future, or has life dealt too vicious a blow?
Palomino Sky is the sequel to the wonderful Midnight Sky, where we first meet Laura and James and their siblings, and are drawn into their complicated family lives. James and Laura, both recovering from momentous and traumatic life events, are finding solace in each other, although they are not helped by Laura’s wilful and temperamental teenage niece causing no end of trouble. Continue reading